Your gums are a window to your oral health. When they are infected, it can impact everything from how your breath smells to your risk for heart disease or diabetes. Our gum disease treatment in Oakland will help you:
- Prevent more serious consequences of neglected gum health
- Keep your teeth intact by eliminating infection
- Improve your confidence in your oral health
- Stop tooth sensitivity due to gum recession from an infection
- Protect your overall health by reducing your risk for serious diseases
If you are concerned about your gum health, call 510-983-7444 for an appointment. You’ll also want to ask about joining our VIP Membership Club for coverage on preventive care. We even have options for patients vulnerable to gum disease. It’s perfect if you don’t have insurance!
We Offer Many Ways to Treat Your Gum Disease
When it comes to a gum infection, it can often be difficult to spot. You may notice symptoms such as sensitive gum tissue, bleeding after you brush or floss, or red or swollen gums. However, those aren’t always so obvious to detect on your own. That’s why it’s so important for you to visit us regularly for cleanings and exams. If we spot gum disease, we’ll work with you on a treatment plan that will bring back your healthy gums. Your treatments may include:
- Scaling and Root Planing – This deep cleaning procedure will remove the plaque and tartar in and around your gumline (scaling) and smooth out your tooth roots to reduce your risk for reinfection (root planing).
- Laser Treatments – We’ll use a safe and gentle laser to break up the material causing the infection. It’s a much more comfortable way to restore your gum health than more traditional methods.
- Perio Protect – This non-invasive periodontal treatment includes trays that you wear to deliver gel with hydrogen peroxide into your gumline to eliminate the disease.
We’ll work with you on which treatment option is best for your smile. Rest assured, there’s no reason to be nervous while you’re here. In addition to our comforting amenities, we’ll numb the area of treatment with a topical anesthetic so you don’t feel a thing.
Don’t wait for a dental emergency to address your gum health. For gum disease treatment in Oakland, new patients should call 510-983-7444 for an appointment. Existing patients can call 510-240-7264. We have Saturday times available for your scheduling convenience.