A healthy smile is an admirable goal – even if it requires you to cut excess sugar from your diet. The good news is, doing this is good for your overall health too! It can be tricky, though. Sugar is often found where you might not expect it.
This short video reveals a shocking amount of sugar in some common breakfast foods. An oatmeal dish from McDonald’s has twice as much sugar as a glazed doughnut, for example. The video also shows you how to make healthier choices in the grocery store and at restaurants.
In addition to cutting back on sugar, you can help lessen its effects by:
- Rinsing your mouth with water after eating sweet treats
- Brushing and flossing every day
- Seeing us every six months for an exam and cleaning
- Asking us about preventive treatments like fluoride and dental sealants
Ready to schedule your appointment in Oakland, CA? Call Laurel Smile Dentistry today at 510-983-7444.
- Monday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Tuesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Wednesday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Friday: 8:00AM - 2:00PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed